Thursday, April 18, 2013

Friday's Lunch


Large Section: Danimals Smoothie with a straw.  Spinach and Carrot Quiche (recipe below)

Medium Section: Mandarin Oranges

Small Section: Crackers and Raisins- I know they're hiding,. but trust me, they're there!

Spinach and Carrot Quiche is the ONLY way my toddler will eat vegetables.  He loves this stuff!  Give it a try:

1 pie crust
1/2 onion, diced
1 package frozen spinach, thawed
1/4 cup carrots, diced (you could definitely add more)
1 clove garlic, minced
3 eggs
1 cup cheese (I used mozzarella because it's what I had)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Place onion in skillet and cook until tender- you could add 1/2 tbsp oil here, but I don't.

Add spinach, carrots, and garlic and cook until the liquid from the spinach is gone.

Remove from heat and add eggs and cheese.

Pour into pie crust and cook for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

The trick here is to let the quiche cool in order to cut it.  In fact, I cut mine after a few hours in the fridge.  Quiche is just one of those things that needs to set.  I wish I could see my little man's face when he sees quiche in his lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment